(Adds comment, automobile sales) BRASILIA, March 27 (Reuters) - Brazil's government will announce in the coming days the extension of tax breaks for the automobile industry that were set to expire next week, a source at the presidential palace said on Friday. The government slashed industrial taxes on new cars in December in a bid to prop up sales and prevent massive layoffs as demand for automobiles plunged because of a credit crunch. "All things point to an announcement on Monday," ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Brazil to extend auto industry tax breaks-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.