(Adds details, background) TOKYO, April 27 (Reuters) - Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp. said on Wednesday it would invest about $300 million to build its fourth tyre plant in China to meet rising production of trucks and buses. Production at the wholly owned plant, to be located in Huizhou in the southern province of Guangdong, is scheduled to begin in January 2007, it said in a statement. Output capacity will be increased gradually, reaching 5,000 tyres per day by the first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Bridgestone to build $300 mln China tyre plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.