(Adds details) TOKYO, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Japan's largest tyre maker, Bridgestone Corp, said on Friday its group net profit rose 161 percent in 2002 on brisk exports, confirming a comeback from a recall scandal that nearly destroyed its U.S. Firestone brand. The company saw its results driven by strong exports to the United States and Asia, as well as the restructuring of its U.S. operations and an increased focus on Bridgestone brand tyres in North America as it worked to rebuild the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Bridgestone profits soar on strong exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.