(Adds details, CEO comments) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp forecast on Tuesday a sharp drop in profits this year due to soaring raw materials prices, after healthy sales and a weaker yen drove earnings above expectations in 2007. Bridgestone, which vies with France's Michelin for the top spot in the global tyre market, has a goal of lifting operating profit by 60 percent in 2012 compared with last year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Bridgestone sees 2008 profit sinking as costs spike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.