(Adds MG Rover, SAIC comment) SHANGHAI/LONDON, Feb 22 (Reuters) - British finance minister Gordon Brown said the British government will do "what we can" to make work a proposed deal between the country's MG Rover and China's top car maker Shanghai Automotive. "We have said to the companies and to the Chinese government we will do what we can in making this partnership successful," Brown told BBC radio in an interview from Shanghai on Tuesday, where he arrived after a visit to Beijing. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Brown says UK will do what it can for Rover deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642