(Adds analysts' comments) By Joanne Chiu and Alison Leung HONG KONG, Sept 29 (Reuters) - U.S. billionaire Warren Buffett's investment in Chinese battery maker BYD gives the firm capital and credibility to pursue its ambition of making environmentally friendly hybrid cars, and nearly doubled its share price on Monday. On Saturday, MidAmerican Energy, a unit of investment guru Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway , agreed to buy a 10 percent stake in BYD for $230 million, which investors took as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Buffett's BYD endorsement sends shares soaring" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.