(Adds White House comment in paragraphs 8-10) FRANKLINTON, N.C., Feb 22 (Reuters) - President George W. Bush toured a laboratory working to convert wood chips to ethanol on Thursday, touting his plan to boost U.S. use of the home-grown fuel fivefold over 10 years. In his State of the Union speech in January, Bush floated a plan to raise U.S. biofuels production five times current levels by 2017 to help reduce reliance on Middle East oil. Bush's plan bets heavily on advances in making ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Bush touts ethanol plan on N.C. laboratory tour" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.