* Q1 net profit 1.7 bln yuan vs 480.4 mln yuan a year ago * Shares ended up 5.6 pct ahead of results (Adds details and share price) HONG KONG, April 26 (Reuters) - Surging demand in the world's biggest auto market more than tripled first quarter net profit for homegrown manufacturer BYD . BYD, 10 percent owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway , expects sales growth in China to slow to about 20 percent this year from nearly 50 percent in 2009 but says it own sales should nearly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-BYD Q1 net more than triples on robust car sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.