(Adds details throughout) By Michael Kahn SACRAMENTO, Calif., Nov 17 (Reuters) - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said on Monday he will immediately repeal a $4.3-billion increase in the state's car tax, fulfilling a campaign promise as his first official act. The Republican, who defeated former Democratic Gov. Gray Davis in an October recall election, also said he would convene a special session aimed at dealing with California's yawning budget shortfall and soaring workers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Calif. Gov. Schwarzenegger to reverse car tax hike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642