(Adds amount of fines for cell phone ticket, paragraph 10) By Dan Whitcomb LOS ANGELES, June 26 (Reuters) - Next week California will try to wrest cell phones from the hands of drivers, telling everyone from movie starlets and dot-com millionaires to surfers and soccer moms that conversations behind the wheel must be on a headset. Several U.S. states and some two dozen countries around the world already have restrictions on mobile phones while driving but now such a law has come to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-California to drivers: Drop the cell phone, dude" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.