(Adds details) OTTAWA, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Canada's gross domestic product unexpectedly shrank by 0.1 percent in August from July, casting serious doubt on the Bank of Canada's forecast for economic growth in the third quarter. Analysts polled in advance by Reuters had expected a 0.1 percent increase after unchanged growth in July. Statistics Canada said on Friday that lower oil and gas production were the main reasons for the decline. The Bank of Canada last week predicted annualised ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada Aug GDP drops, BoC growth forecast in doubt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.