(Adds criticism that Canada has little to offer, paragraphs 8-9) By Randall Palmer OTTAWA, Feb 27 (Reuters) - After weeks of ducking the issue, the Canadian government stated clearly on Thursday it would be unable to make any substantial deployment of ground troops to Iraq because of its commitment to peacekeeping in Afghanistan. The government has been reluctant to commit to any ground operation in Iraq ahead of a U.N. decision. And when it committed on Feb. 12 to send troops to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada confirms won't send ground troops to Iraq" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642