(Add details) OTTAWA, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Canadian factory shipments of vehicles plunged in December to their lowest level in over a decade, pushing overall manufacturing sales down by a sharper-than-expected 3.4 percent in the month, Statistics Canada said on Friday. Excluding the auto sector, factory sales slipped by a more modest 0.8 percent. In volume terms, total sales fell 5.8 percent. The drop in total December sales was the biggest since August 2003, coming off a gain of 1.0 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada Dec factory sales tumble, autos sag" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.