(Adds details) OTTAWA, Feb 22 (Reuters) - A surge in new car deals fueled a 0.6 percent rise in Canadian retail sales in December but outside the auto sector sales fell for the first time in five months, down 0.4 percent, Statistics Canada said on Friday. The sales figures fell short of the market consensus for a 0.7 percent gain in total sales and a 0.4 percent rise in sales excluding autos. New car dealers, which represent about 19 percent of total retail activity, saw their sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada Dec retail sales climb on surge in car deals" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.