(Adds details, edits throughout) OTTAWA, Sept 30 (Reuters) - The Canadian economy powered ahead in July, rising a strong 0.4 percent, a figure likely to increase pressure on the Bank of Canada to keep pushing interest rates up. Statistics Canada said on Monday that July gross domestic product was helped higher by a 1.5 percent climb in industrial production, a sector where output had not changed in June, when GDP growth was just 0.1 percent. A Reuters survey of economists, on average, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada GDP stays strong, up 0.4 pct in July" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.