(Updated throughout) OTTAWA, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Canada will not provide financial aid to troubled automakers until they present a solid business plan, Industry Minister Tony Clement said on Tuesday, responding to calls for swift action to support an industry that's crucial to the country's industrial economy. "On this side of the House, we want real, accountable, solid business plans before we spend taxpayers' money," Clement told the House of Commons when asked when the Conservative ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada gov't says no auto aid without solid plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.