(Adds details) OTTAWA, March 25 (Reuters) - Canadian retail sales jumped 1.5 percent in January for a third straight month of big gains due to strength across all types of stores including the heavyweight auto sector, Statistics Canada said on Tuesday. The sales figure topped analysts' expectations of a 1.2 percent advance in January and follows a revised 0.8 percent gain in December. Automotive sector sales rose 1.8 percent in the month as buyers took advantage of discounts, a cut in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada Jan retail sales jump on autos, weather" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.