(Adds dollar reaction, details) By Gilbert Le Gras OTTAWA, May 25 (Reuters) - Canadian retail sales rose 1.2 percent in March to a record C$27.4 billion ($20 billion) as renewed auto sales led broadbased gains in all but one of the country's retail sectors, Statistics Canada said on Tuesday. That beat analyst forecasts of a rise of 0.9 percent from February, and the Canadian dollar rose slightly on the news. Statscan revised February's gain to 2.6 percent from the preliminary 2.3 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada March retail sales rise 1.2 pct to record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.