(Adds analyst comments, details) By David Ljunggren OTTAWA, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Canada said on Thursday that retail sales fell in December and the fourth quarter current account surplus narrowed, data which pointed to a fragile economy and raised the chances of a new interest rate cut next week. Statistics Canada said retail sales dropped by 1.2 percent in December -- greater than the 0.4 percent drop expected by analysts -- on lower vehicles sales. It was the largest month-on-month ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada rate cut seen more likely after weak data" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642