* Sales hike of 0.8 pct beats analyst expectations * Auto sales lead the way with 3.3 percent rise * Sales volume now higher than year earlier (Adds detail) OTTAWA, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Higher auto sales helped push Canadian retail trade up by 0.8 percent in October to a level nearly as high as a year ago before the sharp declines seen in late 2008, Statistics Canada said on Monday. It was the eighth gain in the 10 months so far this year and brought retail sales to 1.4 percent below ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada retail sales up, nearly recoup year's loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.