* Markets had only expected a 0.1 percent rise * July increase fueled by motor vehicle sales * July retail sales are second highest on record OTTAWA, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Canadian retail sales in July unexpectedly jumped by 0.7 percent from June to a near record C$38.99 billion ($39.79 billion), in part due to higher sales of new cars, Statistics Canada data indicated on Tuesday. The leap was far greater than the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada retail sales unexpectedly jump 0.7 pct on autos" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642