(Adds Harper remarks, changes dateline, previous WINDSOR) By Randall Palmer NORTH BAY, Ontario, June 17 (Reuters) - Conservative leader Stephen Harper slammed as irresponsible a Liberal government pledge, made during the election campaign, to help the auto industry, but said he would honor the commitment if his party forms the next government. "They don't have the moral authority to sign big contracts with a lot of taxpayers' money just before an election that they're going to lose," ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada's Conservatives slam auto industry aid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642