(Adds comments on NAFTA) TORONTO, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Wednesday he hopes to do more to cut taxes on capital gains, but acknowledged he does not anticipate new measures in the near term. "I would hope that we could do more in the future on (capital gains)," Flaherty told reporters when asked if the Conservative government's campaign promise to defer the tax was off the agenda forever. "We are in a time of economic slowness in the United ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canada's Flaherty sees no quick capital gains moves" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642