(Adds currency market reaction, details) By Gilbert Le Gras OTTAWA, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Canada's economy contracted 0.7 percent in August after August's Ontario power outage idled factories and kept tens of thousands of people away from work. Statistics Canada said on Friday that the decline in gross domestic product -- a broad measure of economic output -- was even steeper than in September, 2001, when output fell 0.6 percent after the Sept. 11 attacks in the United States. Statscan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canadian August GDP slumps on power outage" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.