* Says 'unprofitable' stores to be closed * Store closures estimated to cost C$26 mln * Sport Chek to be the 'super brand' outside Quebec (Adds details, shares) May 30 (Reuters) - Canadian Tire Corp Ltd's sporting goods chain, FGL Sports, will close 115 under-performing corporate stores and add larger new-concept stores. Canadian Tire, which sells automotive products, housewares and sporting goods, said FGL Sports plans to add more than 100 new Sport Chek and Atmosphere stores over the next ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Canadian Tire to shut some FGL stores, expand Sport Chek brand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.