(Adds details, CEO comments in newspaper) PARIS, April 25 (Reuters) - French car parts group Valeo posted a forecast-beating 21.6 percent rise in first quarter operating profit on Friday despite a weaker automotive market, helped by cost cuts and asset sales. Valeo, which has been under pressure from activist fund Pardus Capital Management to boost value for shareholders by stepping up divestments or considering a break-up, kept its goal to improve its operating margin in 2008. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Car parts group Valeo Q1 profits up, keeps '08 goal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642