(Adds details from release, background) CHICAGO, March 23 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. said on Friday it plans to sell its engineered products unit to private equity firm Carlyle Group for $1.475 billion under a multiyear program to focus on its tire business. The sale to EPD Inc., an entity sponsored by Carlyle Partners IV LP, is subject to regulatory approvals, Caryle reaching a labor agreement with the United Steelworkers and other conditions, Goodyear said. Goodyear, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Carlyle to buy Goodyear engineered products unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.