* DOT holds 'distracted drivers' conference next week * Researchers warn of 'crash epidemic' from texting * Some states already banned texting while driving (Recasts, adds input from wireless industry, details of Virginia cell phone study) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Automakers backed calls to ban drivers on U.S. roads from text messaging with cell phones and other hand-held devices, an issue gaining attention from the Obama administration and Congress. "It's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Carmakers favor US ban on texting while driving" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.