* Q2 EPS $0.46 vs $0.06 year-ago * Q2 sales up 13 pct * Comp sales up 8 pct * Shares rise 7 pct Sept 22 (Reuters) - CarMax Inc , the largest retailer of used cars in the United States, posted a higher quarterly profit, helped by improving customer traffic trends. "The government's CARS, or "cash for clunkers," program resulted in a spike in traffic in late July and August," CEO Tom Folliard said in a statement. For the second quarter ended Aug. 31, net income rose more than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-CarMax posts higher Q2 profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.