(Recasts first sentence, adds details) CHICAGO, Dec 20 (Reuters) - CarMax Inc. , the largest U.S. retailer of used cars, on Wednesday posted a stronger-than-expected quarterly profit that almost doubled due to strong Internet traffic, a demand for luxury vehicles and a rebound in SUV and truck sales. Due to the strong results, the company boosted its fiscal 2007 profit outlook. Net income in the third quarter rose 98 percent to $45.4 million, or 42 cents a share, from $22.9 million, or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-CarMax profit almost doubles, boosts outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.