(Adds Chery's MOU deal with Fiat in para 16) By Fang Yan SHANGHAI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - When Chery Automobile, China's only big carmaker without a foreign joint venture partner, signed a deal in July to supply small cars to Chrysler, it was the first formal recognition that a home-grown Chinese car was good enough for the U.S. market. But Chery is no high-priced brand in its home country. China's fourth-largest carmaker, and one of its fastest-growing, makes one of its cheapest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Chery Auto says China can combine quality, low price" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.