(Adds details, background, annual figures) SHANGHAI, June 15 (Reuters) - Car sales in China slid 19 percent in May from April, the second straight monthly decline, as government measures to apply the brakes to a racing economy and restrict easy auto loans kept potential buyers away. Investors and economists have been watching China's fast-growing auto sector for signs Beijing's measures to cool overheated sectors of the economy is taking effect and for indications a production boom was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-China car sales drop 19 pct in May from April" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.