* Jan car sales solid on inventory restocking * Buying spree ahead of Spring Festival lifts retail demand * Growth likely to be slower in following months * BYD's price cut may trigger price war at lower-end segment * Demand for bigger cars on the rise * Steps to tackle traffic jams in big cities weigh on sales (Adds analyst comments, details) By Fang Yan and Ken Wills BEIJING, Feb 18 Reuters) - Automakers in China shipped 16.2 percent more cars to dealers in January as they ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-China Jan car sales up 16 pct on inventory restocking" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.