(Adds details) HONG KONG, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Limited will slash prices of its Toyota-design luxury vans by up to 45 percent when its begins to use locally produced parts later this year, a source familiar with the company said on Wednesday. The money saved from making its own parts instead of using costly imports will more than make up for the price cuts, the source said. Margins are expected to increase to over 20 percent from the current 15 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-China's Brilliance to slash van prices-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.