SHANGHAI, Dec 12 (Reuters) - BYD Co Ltd , the Chinese carmaker backed by billionaire investor Warren Buffett, said on Wednesday that it would launch a joint venture in Bulgaria to produce electric buses, marking its first assembly plant overseas. The move is the latest by a Chinese automaker to expand abroad into emerging markets including Southeast Asia and India. A BYD spokeswoman declined to disclose investment details about the 50-50 joint ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-China's Buffett-backed BYD to build buses in Bulgaria" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.