(Adds details, analyst comments) SHANGHAI/HONG KONG, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Chinese car maker BYD Co Ltd said on Tuesday that its net profit in 2011 fell by 44 percent from a year earlier due to fierce competition in the world's largest auto market and a sharp fall in photovoltaic product prices. Backed by U.S. billionaire Warren Buffett, BYD posted net profit of 1.4 billion yuan ($222 million) last year, down from 2.52 billion yuan in 2010, it said in a preliminary results statement filed to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-China's BYD sees profit reverse by 44 percent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.