* Shares rise as much as 4.5 pct to record high * Zhejiang Geely says made great effort and well prepared * Analysts say Volvo buy could help Geely's brand building (Adds details and analysts quotes) By Alison Leung and Fang Yan SHANGHAI, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Shares of Geely Automobile Holdings rose to a record high on Thursday, even as the broader market slipped, on hopes its parent's bid for Ford's Volvo unit would help boost its brand and technology. Ford Motor named Zhejiang ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-China's Geely up, bucking mkt, on parent's Volvo bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.