(Adds details, analyst and company comments) By Ben Blanchard SHANGHAI, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Shanghai Automotive posted a 10.5 percent rise in second-quarter earnings on Thursday, despite China's slowing car sales, aided by a solid showing from a venture with General Motors in which it controls a fifth. But analysts say the listed arm of China's top car maker could post a net profit gain of more than half in 2004 if sedan sales pick up as expected towards the end of the year. Shanghai ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-China's Shanghai Auto Q2 defies car sector slowdown" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.