(Adds details, background, comment from UAW) DETROIT, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Chrysler Group said on Tuesday it had agreed on terms for buyout offers for its U.S. factory workers with its major union, including one-time payments of $100,000 for employees with at least one year of experience. Chrysler, the North American unit of DaimlerChrysler AG , has announced plans to cut 11,000 blue-collar jobs, including 9,000 jobs in the United States represented by the United Auto Workers union. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Chrysler agrees on factory buyouts with UAW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.