(Adds background on last year's contract talks, para 8) DETROIT, May 21 (Reuters) - The Chrysler unit of DaimlerChrysler AG said late on Wednesday that it had cancelled plans to build a new assembly plant in Canada, which could lead to problems with the Canadian Auto Workers union. "A proposed new manufacturing facility, incorporating innovative supplier initiatives for Windsor, Ontario, will not be built because of business viability issues," the German-American company said in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Chrysler cancels planned new Canada assembly plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642