(Recasts and adds details throughout) DETROIT, Sept 25 (Reuters) -DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group aims to finalize by the end of this year a partner to build and launch a subcompact car, Chief Executive Tom LaSorda said on Monday. LaSorda, speaking to the Automotive Press Association in Detroit, also said the company has not ruled out China as an export hub for the new car. "We know we can't do it alone," he said. "The capital expense alone would be very high." Chrysler currently ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Chrysler CEO aims for small car partner by '06 end" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642