(Adds details from statement, background, share) FRANKFURT, July 29 (Reuters) - A turnaround at U.S. arm Chrysler helped DaimlerChrysler AG boost second-quarter operating profit to 2.1 billion euros ($2.53 billion), the German-American carmaker said on Thursday. Chrysler swung to an operating profit of 516 million euros thanks to a rejuvenated product line-up supported by a U.S. economic rebound. The company said it expected "a significant improvement" in 2004 group operating income ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Chrysler helps DaimlerChrysler boost Q2 results" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.