* Chrysler to hire 1,100 new workers at Jeep plant * Strong dealer orders for Grand Cherokee prompted move * Second shift to start in mid-July at Detroit plant By Bernie Woodall DETROIT, May 21 (Reuters) - Chrysler Group LLC said on Friday it would hire almost 1,100 new workers at the Detroit plant that was retooled for production of its new Grand Cherokee, a Jeep model that the automaker is counting on to claw back market share. The Grand Cherokee, which was in development before ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Chrysler hiring 1,100 workers at Detroit plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.