(Adds details, stock price, background) FRANKFURT, Nov 22 (Reuters) - German tyremaker and car parts group Continental AG will end production of passenger car tyres at its Hanover-Stoecken plant by the end of next year and cut 320 jobs there amid weak demand, it said on Tuesday. The cuts will reduce staffing levels at the plant in its home base of Hanover by around 10 percent. The factory primarily makes truck tyres. "Slower-than-expected growth of passenger car tyres ... leaves us no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Continental AG cuts 320 jobs on car tyre slowdown" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.