(Adds U.S. pensions, details, background, share price By Michael Steen FRANKFURT, Oct 31 (Reuters) - German tyre and car parts maker Continental posted a rise in nine-month core operating profit on Thursday that beat expectations and raised its 2002 profit outlook, sending its shares higher. But the company, which is coming out of a period of painful restructuring and factory closures, also said it would take charges in the fourth quarter for shortfalls in its U.S. pension fund and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Continental posts strong earnings, raises outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642