(Adds comments from supplier) FRANKFURT, Feb 29 (Reuters) - Daimler's luxury brand, Mercedes-Benz, will launch an S-Class hybrid next year equipped with a lithium-ion battery supplied by Continental in what Daimler said on Friday was a crucial technological breakthrough. "The Stuttgart-based automaker is the world's first manufacturer to have succeeded in adapting lithium-ion technology to the demanding requirements of automotive applications," it said in a statement. Daimler said the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Conti's lithium-ion cell to power Mercedes hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.