(Adds quotes, background) FRANKFURT, May 30 (Reuters) - General Motors will seek cost cuts to save its uncompetitive light commercial vehicle plant in Portugal, but has not ruled out closing the factory, the world's biggest carmaker said on Tuesday. A months-long strategic review of its commercial vans business puts a question mark over the future of the Azambuja plant, which made around 74,000 Combo panel vans last year. "An analysis of Combo production at the Azambuja plant in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Cost shadow hangs over GM Europe plant in Portugal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.