(adds Consumer Union, Suzuki statement, prev. DETROIT) SAN FRANCISCO, June 25 (Reuters) - A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that Japanese automaker Suzuki Motor Corp can pursue a lawsuit against the publisher of Consumer Reports magazine over a 1988 article which claimed the Suzuki Samurai was more likely to roll over than other sport utility vehicles. The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 2-1 that Suzuki, which is 20 percent owned by General Motors Corp., had presented enough ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1 - Court reinstates Suzuki suit vs Consumer Reports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.