(Rewrites first paragraph, adds details and share price) NEW YORK, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Crompton Corp. plans to cut production of two chemicals used to make tires by closing some plants in Asia and reducing capacity elsewhere, with an eye toward improving profit at its rubber chemicals business, the company said on Friday. The Middlebury, Connecticut, chemicals maker will reduce production by 20,000 metric tons of Flexzone, which is used to prevent rubber from cracking. By the end of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Crompton to cut output, close some Asian plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.