(Adds details on 2006 forecast and segment sales) CHICAGO, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Cummins Inc. , a diesel engine maker, said on Tuesday third-quarter earnings rose 18 percent, as the effort to rebuild Iraq's infrastructure, which was shattered by the war and insurgency, powered strong sales of its power generation and distribution products. Sales at its key diesel engine unit rose 10 percent during the quarter, reflecting the rush by North American truckers to update their fleets ahead of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Cummins 3rd-qtr profit up on Mideast rebuilding" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.